Sunday, July 4, 2010

Thing 13

The potential of the Delicious site is limitless. As I researched different tags on the site, I was able to find lesson plans, school supplies, and teacher websites. The tags that are include on the web page, will help organize all the bookmarks I use regularly.
The implementation of social bookmarking sites will increase collaboration. Librarians and teacher can easily share their bookmarks with other teachers and begin discussions with colleagues. The ability to converse with other teachers helps continue collaborations and discussions on new concepts to use in the classroom.
Another plus for this site is the ability to access all of my bookmarks when I buy a new computer. The use of the favorite tab helps to maintain my favorite sites, but when I buy a new computer, I am required to create a new list.

2 comments:

  1. You are right that de.li.cious allows you to access your favorites from any computer! Great, right? Try to also think of ways students can use it when researching or in accessing some of the sites you have found during this experience, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea to include in research for my students. My only concern would the firewalls the district puts in placed to block web sites.

    ReplyDelete